Please click the "..." buttonSelect "browser" to open

Open at APP

BYD’s 5 millionth new energy vehicle to roll off line on Aug. 9

Monika From Gasgoo| August 07 , 2023

Shanghai (Gasgoo)- BYD announced via its WeChat account that its 5 millionth new energy vehicle (NEV) is set to roll off the production line on August 9. The remarkable achievement comes less than 9 months after the company reached the 3 millionth mark, demonstrating its accelerating growth trajectory.

BYD's journey to this milestone has been nothing short of impressive. It took 13 years for the company to produce its first 1 million NEVs, only 1 year to reach the second million units, and a mere 6 months to hit the 3-million-unit mark.


BYD Song PLUS DM-i; photo credit: BYD

Currently, BYD boasts an extensive lineup of brands, including the Dynasty and the Ocean series, as well as DENZA, Yangwang, and Fangchengbao brands. With the exception of the last two, all brands have shown rapid sales growth.

BYD sold 262,161 vehicles in July 2023, representing a year-on-year surge of 61.3% and a month-on-month growth of 3.6%, and also marking the highest monthly deliveries it has ever achieved.

Of the new vehicles sold last month, 261,105 units were passenger vehicles (PVs), reflecting a 60.96% spike over a year ago.

To be specific, battery electric vehicles accounted for 51.62% of BYD's July PV sales, while the other 48.38% share were taken by plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV).

Notably, apart from meeting domestic demand, BYD continues to make strides in the international market. Since the second half of 2022, BYD's new energy passenger cars have been exported to 53 countries and regions, including Japan, Germany, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Brazil, and New Zealand. Overseas sales have been soaring, reaching an impressive 18,169 units in July, and exceeding 14,000 units during the past 13 months.


Gasgoo not only offers timely news and profound insight about China auto industry, but also help with business connection and expansion for suppliers and purchasers via multiple channels and methods. Buyer service:   Seller Service:

All Rights Reserved. Do not reproduce, copy and use the editorial content without permission. Contact us: