- Ford Motor to test C-V2X-enabled V2I function in Changsha
Ford Motor’s China branch announced earlier this week that it will begin testing the V2I (Vehicle-to-Infrastructure) function based on C-V2X (cellular vehicle-to-everything) technology in Changsha, ...
July 07 , 2020
- Toyota green-lighted by Beijing to have road tests for autonomous cars
Japanese automaker Toyota has been permitted to conduct roads tests for autonomous vehicles in Beijing, according to a list released by Beijing Innovation Center for Mobility Intelligent (BICMI).
July 06 , 2020
- BMW to co-launch innovation base with Alibaba for faster digital transition
BMW Group and Alibaba Group inked a strategic agreement on July 3 for the launch of a joint innovation base, which is deemed as an important measure for BMW’s digital transition in China.
July 03 , 2020
- FAW Group’s newly-built subsidiary likely to work for Hongqi’s ICV strategy
China’s state-owned automaker FAW Group established a wholly-owned subsidiary on June 22, which is likely to help Hongqi forge ahead with its ICV (intelligent-connected vehicle) development.
June 29 , 2020
- China to speed up ICV development, MIIT
China will move faster to foster the development of ICV (intelligent-connected vehicle) industry, speeding up the cross-sector integration for ICV businesses and improving the smart transportation inf...
June 23 , 2020
- BAIC Group, DiDi expand cooperation to high-level autonomous car R&D
BAIC Group and Didi Chuxing (DiDi)’s autonomous driving subsidiary signed on June 19 a framework agreement to have an in-depth cooperation on fields of automobile, AI and car sharing, according to a...
June 22 , 2020
- Huawei said to provide BYD with Kirin chipset
Huawei has reportedly formed cooperation with Chinese automaker BYD to offer the latter the Kirin 710A chipset developed by its wholly-owned subsidiary HiSilicon, according to the local tech media 36K...
June 16 , 2020
- China’s first 5G-powered level 4 self-driving production vehicle rolls off assembly line
Dongfeng Motor Corporation on June 12 saw the mass-produced version of the Dongfeng Sharing-VAN 1.0 Plus, purportedly China’s first 5G-enabled autonomous vehicle with level 4 applications, rolled of...
June 15 , 2020
- DiDi’s autonomous driving subsidiary sets up administration for safety business
DiDi’s autonomous driving subsidiary has set up a safety work administration to systematize and normalize the safety management businesses for autonomous driving R&D, testing and operation, accordin...
June 04 , 2020