- Sichuan rolls out polices to support NEV, intelligent vehicle development
China’s Sichuan provincial government is soliciting public opinions on the measures designed for the development of local new energy vehicle (NEV) and intelligent vehicle industries.
- FAW’s Hongqi boasts 111% YoY hike in first-half sales
Hongqi, the premium auto brand of FAW Group, announced that its new vehicle sales topped 15,400 units in June, surging 92% compared to the year-ago period.
- Geely Auto to go through pre-listing tutoring before listed on Sci-Tech Board
Geely Automobile Holdings Limited (called “Geely Auto” for short) is ready to be tutored by two securities companies before its initial public offering of A shares and listing on the science and technology innovation board.
- JAC Motors to set up mid-/high-end MPV base in Bozhou
JAC Motors inked on June 30 an agreement with Bozhou municipal government to build mid-/high-end MPVs at Anhui Jianghuai Anchi Automobile Co., Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hefei-based automaker.
- GAC NIO said to complete pre-A round in second half of 2020
GAC NIO New Energy Automotive Co.,Ltd (GAC NIO), a joint venture between GAC Group and NIO, will close its pre-A round of financing in the second half of the year, and the capital amount and investors have been basically determined.
- China’s Vehicle Inventory Alert Index in June edges up 2.6 percentage points MoM
China’s Vehicle Inventory Alert Index (VIA) stood at 56.8% in June, which climbed 2.6 and 6.4 percentage points compared to the previous month and the previous year respectively, according to the China Automobile Dealers Association (CADA).
- Brilliance Auto’s parent registers mobility service subsidiary
Huachen Automotive Group Holdings Company Limited founded on June 29 a wholly-owned mobility service subsidiary that involves a registered capital of 100 million yuan.
- SGWM launches energy storage station featuring battery cascade utilization
SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW), a joint venture among General Motors, SAIC Motors and Liuzhou Wuling Motors, celebrated on June 30 the launch of a large-scale energy storage power station that achieves cascade utilization of power batteries in Guangxi.
- Gasgoo University| Outbound Investment in France
5 hours ago
- Former Ford’s management talent named Commerce VP of Hyundai China
Li Hongpeng, a former senior executive of Ford Motor, has been appointed as Vice President of Commerce of Hyundai Motor Group (China) Ltd., managing Hyundai’s China strategic planning and market exp...
June 30 , 2020
- Dongfeng, Changan, FAW co-unveil NEV & ICV-focused joint venture
Zhongqi Chuangzhi Technology Co.,Ltd. (called “Zhongqing Chuangzhi” for short), a joint venture co-funded by three state-owned automakers—Dongfeng, FAW and Changan, was officially launched on Ju...
June 30 , 2020
- NIO Announces Substantial Completion of Cash Injections into NIO China in June
NIO (Anhui) Holding Co., Ltd., or NIO Anhui has received from the investors RMB4.8 billion out of the RMB5 billion of cash investments for the first two installments.
June 30 , 2020
- FAW-Toyota starts construction of new NEV base in Tianjin
FAW-Toyota celebrated on June 29 the first spade cut for its new energy vehicle (NEV) manufacturing base in Binhai New Area, Tianjin, marking the beginning of the Sino-Japanese joint venture’s trans...
June 30 , 2020
- Xpeng Motors announces onset of P7 BEV scale delivery
Chinese EV startup Xpeng Motors kicked off the scale delivery of its second production BEV model, the Xpeng P7, at its self-built Zhaoqing plant on June 28.
June 28 , 2020
- China to speed up ICV development, MIIT
China will move faster to foster the development of ICV (intelligent-connected vehicle) industry, speeding up the cross-sector integration for ICV businesses and improving the smart transportation inf...
June 23 , 2020
- BAIC Group, DiDi expand cooperation to high-level autonomous car R&D
BAIC Group and Didi Chuxing (DiDi)’s autonomous driving subsidiary signed on June 19 a framework agreement to have an in-depth cooperation on fields of automobile, AI and car sharing, according to a...
June 22 , 2020
- Huawei said to provide BYD with Kirin chipset
Huawei has reportedly formed cooperation with Chinese automaker BYD to offer the latter the Kirin 710A chipset developed by its wholly-owned subsidiary HiSilicon, according to the local tech media 36K...
June 16 , 2020