- Beijing sets about construction of 100 km² self-driving pilot zone
China’s first closed field for autonomous vehicle tests has been built at Haidian District in Beijing, according to local media outlets. At the same time, local government has set about building a 1...
May 20 , 2019
- State-owned BAIC Group, China Telecom to team up on 5G, ICT for ICV industry
BAIC Group on May 15 forged a strategic partnership with China Telecom, a Chinese state-owned telecommunication company, aiming to jointly build an ICV (intelligent-connected vehicle) ecosystem throug...
May 17 , 2019
- DiDi Enters Strategic Partnership with China’s State Grid EV Service
Didi Chuxing, the world’s leading multi-modal transportation platform, today finalized a strategic partnership agreement with State Grid EV Service, an affiliate of State Grid Corporation of China (...
May 16 , 2019
- car2go said to shut down in Chongqing
car2go, a Daimler-owned hourly car rental and car sharing service brand, has been pulled out of Chongqing, a major city in southwest China, an employee at car2go China Co., Ltd.’s Chongqing brand to...
May 15 , 2019
- Didi Chuxing launches “Qunyan” smart mobility platform to open up AI capabilities
At the 2019 Global AI Product Application Expo kicking off on May 9, China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing officially launched a new smart mobility service platform dubbed “Qunyan (Wild Geese in...
May 13 , 2019
- Geely Auto Sets Vision for Future of Autonomous Drive at Dragon Bay Forum
Geely Auto Group laid down its vision for the future of autonomous drive at the Dragon Bay Forum event.
May 10 , 2019
- China has so far issued 109 licenses for autonomous vehicle road tests by April
By the end of April this year, there were a total of 109 licenses that have been issued to companies across China for their autonomous driving road tests, according to a summary done by AutoInfo, a Ch...
May 09 , 2019
- Former Didi’s Head of AR joins self-driving startup WeRide
Jason Xu, former director of Augmented Reality of China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing, has joined WeRide.ai, an autonomous driving startup previously known as Jingchi.ai, according to the startu...
Apr. 29 , 2019
- Intel, Great Wall Motor team up to pave the way for automobile intelligence development
Great Wall Motor Company Limited (GWM) struck a strategic cooperation agreement with Intel, a global leading semiconductor maker, during the Auto Shanghai 2019 to co-boost innovation development of au...
Apr. 26 , 2019