- Baidu tops Beijing autonomous vehicles road test report for the third consecutive year
In 2020, Baidu operated a fleet of 55 autonomous vehicles on the roads of Beijing, accounting for 75% of the overall number of vehicles that conducted automated driving tests in the city.
Feb. 05 , 2021
- Chinese autonomous driving startup WeRide launches Mini Robobus in Guangzhou
On Jan. 27, WeRide, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, launched its self-driving bus on Guangzhou International Bio Island and started offering trial rides to the public. Meanwhile, the startup kic...
Jan. 29 , 2021
- Baoneng Motor partners with Aurora Mobile for intelligent mobility service, experience
Aurora Mobile, a leading mobile developer service provider, claimed on Jan. 27 it entered into a strategic partnership with Baoneng Motor and its subsidiary Foresea Seven Swords to co-work on intellig...
Jan. 27 , 2021
- Baidu’s IoV division adjusts organizational structure
The organizational structure of Baidu’s Internet of Vehicles (IoV) division was adjusted on Jan. 19 with five business branches, three platform branches and three business supporting centers launche...
Jan. 21 , 2021
- WeRide gathers $310 million in Series B funding with Futong Group as leading investor
WeRide, a Guangzhou-based autonomous driving startup, announced on Jan. 14 it has completed a $310 million Series B funding round, which is led by Yutong Group, a Zhengzhou-based commercial vehicle ma...
Jan. 14 , 2021
- NIO applies for trademark registration for NIO Super Computing platform
NIO has applied for the registration of several trademarks related to NIO’s super computing platform “ADAM” with international classifications including scientific instruments and design researc...
Jan. 14 , 2021
- AI chip provider Horizon Robotics banks $400 million in series C2 round
Chinese AI solution provider Horizon Robotics announced on Jan. 7 it bagged up to $400 million in its Series C2 financing, which is led by CATL and involved other investors like Baillie Gifford, YF Ca...
Jan. 07 , 2021
- GAC Aion’s 5G-enabled Aion V comes off assembly line
On Dec. 24, GAC Aion, GAC Group’s new energy vehicle (NEV) subsidiary, saw an Aion V all-electric SUV equipped with 5G and V2X (vehicle-to-everything) modules rolled off the production line.
Dec. 25 , 2020
- WeRide raises $200 million from Yutong Group in Series B1 funding
WeRide, a Guangzhou-based autonomous driving startup, announced on Dec. 23 it has closed its Series B1 financing, which raised $200 million from Chinese CV manufacturer Yutong Group.
Dec. 23 , 2020