Shanghai (Gasgoo)- China posted new energy passenger vehicle sales of 70,835 units in July, leaping 65% from the corresponding period a year ago, while edging down 1% compared with June. From January to July, the cumulative sales of new energy PVs reached 423,130 units, soaring 111% over the same period last year, according to the data released by the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA).
BYD led the pack among all automakers with July deliveries of 18,352 units, leaping 63% year on year and taking up 25.9% market share of the Chinese new energy vehicle market. Its cumulative NEV sales reached 90,239 units during the past seven months, shooting up 93% from a year ago and taking up 21.4% market share of the Chinese NEV market.
In July, with sales of 10,430 units, SAIC Passenger Vehicle ranked second among all automakers. With sales reaching 54,778 units, it also ranked second in cumulative sales during the first seven months. However, the figure lagged far behind that of BYD for the last seven months.
Strikingly, EV startup NIO delivered 1,331 vehicles in July, accounting for 1.9% share of NEV market. In addition, sales of Brilliance BMW reached 1,937 units in July, ranking first among all JVs in China.
As to top 10 pure electric vehicle models, the BYD Yuan EV took the lead with sales of 4,174 units in July, taking up 8.8% market share. The Chery eQ ranked second with sales reaching 3,665 units, representing a year-on-year growth of 12% in July. With deliveries of 3,651 units in July, the JAC iEV6E was the third best-selling model in July.
In July, sales of pure electric vehicles totaled 47,538 units, zooming 46% from a year ago. Specifically, sales of pure electric sedans reached 33,135 units, rising 5% from the corresponding period a year ago. Most strikingly, sales of pure electric MPV and SUV skyrocketed 706% and 357% respectively over the previous year to 129 units and 14,274 units in July.
Sales of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) totaled 23,297 units in July. To be specific, sales of pure electric sedan and SUV reached 12,391 units and 10,906 units respectively with respective YoY growth of 343% and 42% in July.
As to the market share structure, pure electric vehicle took up 67% share of the Chinese NEV market, while PHEV took up the rest share. In terms of the structure of pure electric vehicles, pure electric sedans accounted for 70% share of pure electric vehicle market, while pure electric SUV took up the rest 30%. When it comes to PHEV market, pure electric sedans took up 53% share of the market, while pure electric SUV took up 47% share of PHEV market.
Gasgoo not only offers timely news and profound insight about China auto industry, but also help with business connection and expansion for suppliers and purchasers via multiple channels and methods. Buyer service: email@example.com Seller Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rights Reserved. Do not reproduce, copy and use the editorial content without permission. Contact us: email@example.com.