- Baidu kicks off trial operation of Apollo robotaxi in Changsha
Baidu kicked off on September 26 the pilot operation of its Apollo Robotaxi in Changsha, capital of Hunan province, with the first batch of 45 self-driving taxis deployed on urban roads.
Sept. 27 , 2019
- BMW, NavInfo extend cooperation to telematics location platform
BMW and Chinese mapping provider NavInfo recently entered into a TLP framework agreement, NavInfo said on September 20, a new field of cooperation closely following the connected navigation services b...
Sept. 23 , 2019
- Pony.ai, GAC Group launches Aion LX’s level 4 self-driving version
Chinese self-driving startup Pony.ai and GAC Group jointly launched a level 4 autonomous vehicles based on the platform that creates the Aion LX, an all-electric SUV model launched by GAC New Energy (...
Sept. 19 , 2019
- FAW Group steps up mobility service deployment by launching “iFlag”
On September 17, iFlag Mobility, a mobility service platform owned by FAW Group’s subsidiary, announced via an official WeChat account that its app has been officially launched.
Sept. 18 , 2019
- Former Aptiv’s expert joins DiDi’s autonomous driving subsidiary as CTO
Wei Junqing, former Vice President Engineering of Aptiv Mobility Group, has joined DiDi Autonomous Driving Company as Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and will directly report to Zhang Bo, CTO of Didi ...
Sept. 17 , 2019
- Shanghai to take lead in promoting ICV passenger-carrying pilot application
Shanghai released its first batch of license plates for intelligent-connected vehicle (ICV) pilot application to SAIC Motor, BMW and Didi at the 2019 World Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem Conference (WAV...
Sept. 16 , 2019
- China’s first national-level IoV pilot zone unveiled in Wuxi
Jiangsu (Wuxi) Internet of Vehicles Pilot Zone, the first national-level IoV pioneer zone in China, was officially unveiled several days ago, marking another milestone for the city’s development of ...
Sept. 12 , 2019
- Ford to launch pre-commercial C-V2X functions in first-half 2020
Ford Motor Company announced on September 6 the plan to launch several pre-commercial C-V2X (cellular vehicle-to-everything)-based functions in China in the first half of 2020.
Sept. 06 , 2019
- China’s first-of-its-kind L4 production autonomous car given green light for road test
The Hongqi EV, which is purportedly China’s first-of-its-kind L4 mass-produced autonomous vehicle, has been given go-ahead to be tested on road in Beijing , according to an official press release.
Sept. 05 , 2019