- FAW Group steps up mobility service deployment by launching “iFlag”
On September 17, iFlag Mobility, a mobility service platform owned by FAW Group’s subsidiary, announced via an official WeChat account that its app has been officially launched.
Sept. 18 , 2019
- Former Aptiv’s expert joins DiDi’s autonomous driving subsidiary as CTO
Wei Junqing, former Vice President Engineering of Aptiv Mobility Group, has joined DiDi Autonomous Driving Company as Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and will directly report to Zhang Bo, CTO of Didi ...
Sept. 17 , 2019
- Shanghai to take lead in promoting ICV passenger-carrying pilot application
Shanghai released its first batch of license plates for intelligent-connected vehicle (ICV) pilot application to SAIC Motor, BMW and Didi at the 2019 World Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem Conference (WAV...
Sept. 16 , 2019
- China’s first national-level IoV pilot zone unveiled in Wuxi
Jiangsu (Wuxi) Internet of Vehicles Pilot Zone, the first national-level IoV pioneer zone in China, was officially unveiled several days ago, marking another milestone for the city’s development of ...
Sept. 12 , 2019
- Ford to launch pre-commercial C-V2X functions in first-half 2020
Ford Motor Company announced on September 6 the plan to launch several pre-commercial C-V2X (cellular vehicle-to-everything)-based functions in China in the first half of 2020.
Sept. 06 , 2019
- China’s first-of-its-kind L4 production autonomous car given green light for road test
The Hongqi EV, which is purportedly China’s first-of-its-kind L4 mass-produced autonomous vehicle, has been given go-ahead to be tested on road in Beijing , according to an official press release.
Sept. 05 , 2019
- Horizon Robotics announces mass production of China’s first auto-grade AI chip
China’s first-of-its-kind automotive-grade AI chip “Journey 2” has been put into mass production, Beijing-based AI chip maker Horizon Robotics announced at the 2019 World Artificial Intelligence...
Aug. 30 , 2019
- DiDi Showcases Robo-Taxi Hailing, Plans to Launch Pilot Service for Public in Shanghai, China
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”), the world’s leading mobile transportation platform, announced that as DiDi accelerates its robo-taxi project, passengers will be able to hail self-driving vehicles from it...
Aug. 30 , 2019
- SAIC, Alibaba step up cooperation for next-generation ICV
Chinese biggest automaker SAIC Motor and the Internet giant Alibaba deepened their strategic cooperation on August 28 for the next generation intelligent-connected vehicle (ICV).
Aug. 29 , 2019