- Source: Chery’s intelligent vehicle unit receives RMB200 million of registered capital
Wuhu Lion Automotive Technologies Co., Ltd. (Lion Tech), positioned as the operational entity of Chery intelligent vehicle business unit, has already received the capital of RMB200 million from five s...
Mar. 18 , 2020
- Xiaomi’s smart watch serves as remote controller of NIO’s vehicles
Chinese smart phone giant Xiaomi and EV startup NIO have reached cooperation that is to make Xiaomi’s smart watch function as a remote car key to the latter’s vehicles, according to a post on NIO�...
Mar. 16 , 2020
- Changan Automobile achieves mass production of Level 3 autonomous driving tec
Changan Automobile announced it has achieved the mass production of Level 3 autonomous driving technology, a milestone in the autonomous vehicle development history for both the automaker and China.
Mar. 11 , 2020
- Groundbreaking begins on China’s first open testing base for Level 4 autonomous cars
Chinese Internet giant Baidu celebrated on March 9 the first spade cut of a Chongqing-based open testing base for autonomous vehicles jointly built with local government of Yongchuan district and Chon...
Mar. 10 , 2020
- Chinese-spec taxonomy of vehicle driving automation to be put into effect in 2021
China's MIIT is soliciting public opinion on the Taxonomy of Driving Automation for Vehicles (hereinafter referred to as “the Taxonomy”), marking China is going to possess its own standard system ...
Mar. 10 , 2020
- SAIC-GM-Wuling builds China’s first logistics route for autonomous vehicles
SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW), General Motors’ light-vehicle joint venture with China’s SAIC Motor, announced on March 5 it has launched a logistics route specifically designed for autonomous vehicles, th...
Mar. 06 , 2020
- GAC R&D Center launches auto software tech innovation hub with ThunderSoft
GAC R&D center and ThunderSoft, a Chinese operating system technology provider, together announced on Mar. 4 the launch of a jointly built innovation center focusing intelligent vehicle software techn...
Mar. 05 , 2020
- GAC NE’s Aion X to carry the first Chinese-spec HD map available for delivery
GAC NE, the NEV arm of GAC Group, announced on Mar. 4 the first Chinese-spec HD map (high-definition map) available for volume delivery will be introduced into the Aion LX.
Mar. 05 , 2020
- Baidu tops Beijing’s autonomous driving road test applicants by testing range
A total of 77 vehicles deployed by 13 companies have undergone the road tests of autonomous driving in Beijing from the beginning of 2018 to the end of 2019, involving an aggregate testing range of 1....
Mar. 02 , 2020
- Robert Bosch Venture Capital backs the evolution of automated driving with investment in UISEE
Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH (RBVC), the corporate venture capital company of the Bosch Group, has completed an investment in Beijing based UISEE, a provider of turnkey solutions for automated dr...
Feb. 26 , 2020