Home / China News / News detail

Ford: New sales volume target of 2015 in China is 1.3 million

Francis From Gasgoo.com| April 28 , 2015 09:33 BJT

Gasgoo.com (Shanghai Apr. 28th) – In recent 16th Shanghai International Auto Show, Ford has released brand new Focus, new Edge and Explorer etc. and launched world premiere of new Taurus. New Focus and new Edge will be put into China auto market soon and new Taurus might appear within this year.

Mr. Luo, the chairman and CEO of Ford China, told reporter that new sales volume target of 2015 in China would be 1.3 million with the assistance of new models.

At the same time, Changan Ford will have more complete production lines to support its sales target. But the pressure of sales volume increases along with the operation of Hangzhou factory and the construction of Harbin factory. After sales promotion of Shanghai Volkswagen and FAW Volkswagen, the coping strategy of Changan Ford has been announced, making purchase tax free of some localized models. Mark Fields, the president and CEO of Ford Auto, told reporter " 1515 plan" had been formulated in 2012 towards China auto market, which was 15 models released before 2015 and almost completed after the appearance of new models in Shanghai International Auto Show.

Although the growth of sales volume of 1st quarter in 2015 failed the expectation, the fast release of capacity pushes Changan Ford to keep speeding up. It is known that the investment of Harbin factory is 6.6 billion Yuan and its capacity will be 200,000. And the annual capacity of Hangzhou factory will be 250,000 units.

Gasgoo not only offers timely news and profound insight about China auto industry, but also help with business connection and expansion for suppliers and purchasers via multiple channels and methods. Buyer service:buyer-support@gasgoo.comSeller Service:seller-support@gasgoo.com

All Rights Reserved. Do not reproduce, copy and use the editorial content without permission. Contact us: autonews@gasgoo.com