- Hesai to help WeRide develop advanced hardware platform for autonomous cars
Hesai Technology and WeRide formed a strategic partnership on July 16 to co-explore and work on autonomous driving technologies, vehicle-infrastructure cooperative system, and relevant working scenari...
July 16 , 2021
- Baidu to expand Robotaxi ride-hailing service to 30 cities within 2-3 years
The company is also rapidly developing its brand-new intelligent vehicle, which is expected to be more like a robot and offer user experience within 2-3 years.
July 08 , 2021
- Alibaba-backed startup AutoX launches fifth-generation self-driving system
On July 6, AutoX, a Chinese self-driving startup funded by Alibaba and other, launched its fifth-generation self-driving system, the Auto X Gen5, which has already gone into volume production, accordi...
July 06 , 2021
- SAIC Motor’s chairman says SAIC unwilling to cooperate with Huawei for autonomous driving
SAIC Motor is reluctant to cooperate with third-party companies like Huawei on autonomous driving business, Chen Hong, chairman of SAIC Motor, said at the latest annual shareholder meeting in response...
July 02 , 2021
- Foton Motor in early stage of cooperation with Huawei on autonomous driving business
Foton Motor recently revealed via an investment information platform that it is carrying out preliminary cooperation with Huawei for autonomous driving business.
June 28 , 2021
- Huawei applying for vehicle summon patent
The patent, described as a vehicle summon method, smart vehicle and device, was submitted in December, 2020.
June 22 , 2021
- Huawei’s HarmonyOS smart cockpit system to be installed in cars from 2021
Huawei will start installing its HarmonyOS-A smart cockpit operating system in automobiles this year, Wang Jun, president of Huawei’s Smart Car Solution Business Unit (BU), said on June 18 at the 20...
June 21 , 2021
- Baidu Apollo unveils autonomous ride-hailing vehicle Apollo Moon
Both companies will build 1,000 Apollo Moon vehicles within 3 years.
June 17 , 2021
- XPeng opens beta version of valet parking assist to public through new OTA upgrade
On June 16, XPeng Inc. (XPeng) shipped a new OTA (over-the-air) upgrade for its P7 sports sedan with the car’s software advanced into the 2.6.0 version, the Guangzhou-based startup announced via its...
June 16 , 2021
- Smart car should be priced at least 150,000 yuan to be profitable: XPeng’s chairman
A profitable smart car should be priced at least 150,000 yuan ($23,460) and the number will be available even in the year of 2025, He Xiaopeng, Chairman and CEO of XPeng Inc., said at the 13th China A...
June 10 , 2021