- Leapmotor to start presale of third production model C11 on Jan. 1 2021
Leapmotor announced the presale of the C11, its third production model, will begin on Jan. 1, 2021, coming with three trim levels. Guiding prices of the new model range from 159,800 yuan ($24,465) to ...
Dec. 29 , 2020
- China to reduce tariffs on imported fuel cell-related parts
China will lower tariffs on fuel cell-related components imported to the country in 2021, which will be a boon to the development of fuel cell vehicles (FCVs).
Dec. 28 , 2020
- BAIC BJEV makes headway in development of solid-state batteries
BAIC BluePark New Energy Technology Co.,Ltd., the parent company of BAIC BJEV, has made some progress in the development of solid-state EV batteries and has tested the batteries in complete vehicles.
Dec. 25 , 2020
- China’s Li Auto sees cumulative deliveries top 30,000 units
Li Auto announced on Dec. 18 it has so far delivered over 30,000 new vehicles only one year after the delivery kicking off. It is also the first startup in China that achieves the milestone.
Dec. 18 , 2020
- China to-date has 89,000 existing charging piles companies
As of December 14, 2020, the registrations of domestic existing companies engaging in charging pile business totaled 89,000, according to the corporate data platform Qichacha (Qcc.com).
Dec. 17 , 2020
- NIO, State Grid’s subsidiary to co-build 100 battery swapping stations in 2021
NIO and State Grid Electric Vehicle Service Co., Ltd. signed on Dec. 14 a framework agreement for an in-depth cooperation on electric vehicle (EV) charging, battery swapping and energy services.
Dec. 14 , 2020
- Changan Auto to roll out 25 smart NEV models by 2025
Changan Auto revealed on Dec. 7 it will roll out a total of 25 intelligent new energy vehicle (NEV) models by 2025, which encompasses all-electric vehicles (BEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PH...
Dec. 10 , 2020
- Tesla achieves best-ever monthly deliveries for China-made Model 3
In November, the monthly retail sales of Tesla’s China-made Model 3 hit a new record high of 21,604 units in the world’s largest auto market, according to the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA...
Dec. 09 , 2020
- Volkswagen inaugurates R&D hub in Hefei for China e-mobility offensive
On December 8, Volkswagen Group saw the inauguration of a new R&D center at its facilities in Hefei, indicating that Anhui province is to advance into a new center of competence and e-mobility hub for...
Dec. 09 , 2020