- Sokon Group’s NEV unit Jinkang inks 5-year pact with CATL for power battery procurement
Jinkang New Energy, whose majority shareholder is Chongqing Sokon Industry Group Stock Co.,Ltd. (Sokon Group), struck a deal on Sept. 9 to purchase 10GWh power batteries per year from CATL.
Sept. 13 , 2021
- Sokon Group Aug. NEV sales skyrocket 145.69% YoY
The Sokon Group sold 19,227 vehicles in August, with a 9.39% year-on-year raise in cumulative sales volume to 169,821 vehicles year-to-date.
Sept. 09 , 2021
- Huawei, GAC Aion said to ally on development of next-generation smart EVs
On March 8, Chongqing Sokon Industry Group Stock Co.,Ltd. signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Huawei Device Co.,Ltd., a subsidiary of Huawei, to co-explore cooperation on new energy vehicl...
Mar. 10 , 2021
- Chongqing Sokon reports expanded net loss for first quarter
Chongqing Sokon Industry Group Stock Co.,Ltd. posted an expanded profit loss in the first quarter of 2020, mainly attributable to the shock wave sent by the coronavirus pandemic.
Apr. 28 , 2020
- Dongfeng Motor, Sokon step up cooperation for greater resource sharing
Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Chongqing Sokon Industry Group Stock Co.,Ltd. agreed on April 23 to deepen their cooperation for a better resource integration involving technologies, R&D, purchase, man...
Apr. 23 , 2020
- Sokon Group reports Q1-Q3 net loss of RMB421 million
Sokon Group saw its revenue for the first nine months of 2019 slide 18.96% year on year to roughly 11.55 billion ($1.64 billion), the company said on October 30.
Nov. 05 , 2019
- Jinkang SERES SF7’s patent image exposed with predicted price starting RMB 400,000
A local media managed to get the patent images of the second model from Jinkang SERES, a subsidiary of Chinese automaker Sokon Group.
Oct. 21 , 2019
- Sokon introduces new investor to increase registered capital for Jinkang New Energy
Chongqing Sokon Industry Group Stock Co.,Ltd (Sokon) plans to introduce a new investor to increase registered capital by RMB960 million for its wholly-owned NEV subsidiary Chongqing Jinkang New Energy...
June 27 , 2019
- Sokon, Huawei ally on NEV, ICV, ICT infrastructure
Chongqing Sokon Industry Group Stock Co.,Ltd (Sokon) and Huawei, a Chinese leading provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices, agreed an agreement a f...
Jan. 23 , 2019
- Sokon to wholly own Dongfeng Sokon at expense of 26.01% stake offered to Dongfeng Motor Corporation
Chongqing Sokon Industry is ready to acquire 50% stake in Dongfeng Sokon held by Dongfeng Motor Corporation by issuing RMB4.83 billion worth of shares to Dongfeng Motor Corporation at the expense of 2...
Nov. 19 , 2018