- China to reduce tariffs on imported fuel cell-related parts
China will lower tariffs on fuel cell-related components imported to the country in 2021, which will be a boon to the development of fuel cell vehicles (FCVs).
Dec. 28 , 2020
- Mercedes-Benz, BMW cut prices in China after tariffs on U.S. autos suspended
German luxury carmakers Mercedes-Benz and BMW Group announced a new-round of price reduction on vehicles imported to China from the U.S. until March 31, 2019 after China suspended additional tariffs o...
Dec. 18 , 2018
- Tesla lowers prices again after China announces suspension of U.S. auto tariffs
Tesla has decided to slash prices on its Model S sedan, Model X SUV and Model 3 sedan in China after China said on December 14 it will suspend some tariffs on vehicles and auto parts imported from the...
Dec. 17 , 2018
- China strikes back at Trump with tariffs on $60 billion worth of U.S. goods
China’s Customs Tariff Commission of the State Council announced on September 18 that China will take retaliatory tariff action against $ 60 billion worth of U.S.-made goods.
Sept. 18 , 2018
- China announces additional 25% tariff on $16 billion worth of U.S. goods
The Chinese government said on August 8 that it will impose additional 25% import tariffs on $ 16 billion worth of U.S.-made goods to retaliate for the Trump administration’s latest import duties le...
Aug. 09 , 2018
- China car imports plunge 22.1% YoY in H1 ahead of tariff change
China’s car import volume in the first half of 2018 apparently dropped 22.1% year on year to around 452,000 units. Especially, the automobile imports in June tumbled 87.1% to 15,000 units, according...
Aug. 08 , 2018
- Summary of imported auto brands joining price cuts in China after hefty tariff break
China will cut the import tariffs on complete vehicles and auto parts from July 1, 2018. Gasgoo summarizes some models' price adjustments of Tesla, Jeep, Ford, Lincoln, Mitsubishi, Volvo, Mercedes-Ben...
June 01 , 2018
- China to reduce auto import tariffs from July 1, 2018
China will reduce the import tariffs on complete vehicles and parts from July 1, 2018, in order to expand the reforming and opening up in a large scale.
May 22 , 2018
- President Xi: China to cut auto import tariff
China will soon relax the restrictions on the ownership of joint ventures, especially in auto industry, and will lower auto import tariff, President Xi Jinping said when he delivered a speech at the B...
Apr. 10 , 2018