- Xiaomi said to adopt “dual-factory” model, acquire Borgward plant
Xiaomi EV may adopt a “dual factory” production model, people familiar with the matter told a local media outlet.
Sept. 13 , 2021
- Borgward said to file for bankruptcy
In 2014, BAIC Foton acquired the iconic German brand and in March, 2019, Ucar, a chauffeured car service provider in China, bought 67% stake of the company with 4.109 billion yuan.
June 21 , 2021
- UCAR’s chairman Lu Zhengyao confirmed to chair Beijing Borgward
Wang Baiyin, former chairman of Beijing Borgward Automobile Co., Ltd (Beijing Borgward), has withdrawn from this position and was replaced by Lu Zhengyao, CEO and chairman of ride-hailing company and ...
July 31 , 2019
- Former Borgward’s CEO Yang Song joins Ford China as President of NDSD
Ford China announced on April 8 that Yang Song, former CEO of Borgward Group AG, officially joins Ford China’s leadership team as President of National Distribution Service Division (NDSD), effectiv...
Apr. 08 , 2019
- Former Borgward’s marketing executive said to join Ford China as vice president of PR
Huo Jing, marketing director of Borgward Group AG Sales Company and executive managing director of Borgward U.S. R&D center, has reportedly left Borgward and will join Ford China as vice president of ...
Feb. 25 , 2019
- China’s UCAR to provide guarantee over shareholder loan offered by Foton Motor to Borgward
Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. (Foton Motor) said on December 28 that it has found a transferee who is willing to take over 67% stake in Beijing Borgward Automobile Co., Ltd (Beijing Borgward) for a valu...
Dec. 29 , 2018
- Evergrande not interested in the stake of Foton in Borgward?
Foton Motor released the announcement on 30th October to clarify that Evergrande Group hasn't come into contact with Foton for acquiring the company's stake in Borgward.
Oct. 31 , 2018
- Foton Motor to transfer 67% stake in Borgward
China-based automaker Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. (Foton Motor) announced that it plans to transfer the 67% stake in Beijing Borgward Automobile Co., Ltd (Beijing Borgward).
Oct. 09 , 2018
- Borgward’s 100,000th model rolls off production line
The Borgward BXi7 officially rolled off the production line at the brand’s Miyun plant in Beijing on June 28, 2018, marking a significant milestone as the plant has manufactured 100,000 vehicles.
July 01 , 2018