- Gasgoo Daily: BYTON enforced to pay RMB14.3 million
With Gasgoo Daily, we will offer daily important automotive news in China. For those we have reported, the title of the piece will include a hyperlink, which will provide detailed information.
Dec. 03 , 2021
- BYTON’s former CEO Dr. Daniel Kirchert joins Evergrande Auto as executive vice president
Dr. Daniel Kirchert, co-founder and former CEO of EV startup BYTON, has joined Evergrande Auto, the new energy vehicle (NEV) unit of Chinese property giant Evergrande Group, as executive vice presiden...
Apr. 12 , 2021
- Foxconn, Byton join hands to boost mass production of M-Byte
Foxconn Technology Group is in talks with Byton to invest in the embattled Chinese electric vehicle (EV) startup, intending to come to a deal through which the Apple supplier can make inroads into car...
Jan. 04 , 2021
- Byton said to restart operation
Its board of directors and board of shareholders have approved the company’s restructuring plan.
Oct. 14 , 2020
- Startup Byton registers new company dubbed “Shengteng” after suspending China operations
Stalled Chinese electric vehicle startup Byton registered on September 9 a new firm dubbed “Nanjing Shengteng Automobile Technology Co.,Ltd.” (called “Shengteng” for short), according to Chine...
Sept. 11 , 2020
- Startup BYTON said to register new tech company after suspending China operations
Chinese EV startup BYTON has applied for the registration of a new technology company dubbed “Shengteng”, which is likely to snag an operating license at the end of August, according to a local me...
Aug. 25 , 2020
- EV startups Xpeng Motors, Byton jointly invest in NEV R&D company
Xpeng Motors and Byton have jointly invested in a Nanjing-registered NEV R&D company, a significant cooperation formed between two Chinese EV startups.
Mar. 18 , 2020
- BYTON and Marubeni Corporation Strike a Strategic Partnership with further progress in Series C Financing
Today, BYTON and Marubeni Corporation announced a strategic partnership. Marubeni will become a partner in BYTON’s Series C financing.
Jan. 06 , 2020
- BYTON M-Byte SUV’s first pre-production prototype rolls off production line
Chinese EV startup BYTON saw its first pre-production prototype of the M-Byte SUV roll off the production line at its Nanjing plant on October 23, according to a posting on the social media platform o...
Oct. 24 , 2019