- Wuhan to expand road test area for driverless vehicles
On January 12, Wuhan, the provincial capital of Hubei Province, disclosed its plan to open up its fifth-batch intelligent connected vehicle test roads, which span roughly 344km in total.
Jan. 13 , 2023
- Baidu aims to build world’s largest driverless ride-hailing service area in 2023
China’s tech giant Baidu announced its plans to build the world’s largest driverless ride-hailing service area in 2023 at the company’s Apollo Day event on November 29.
Nov. 29 , 2022
- Baidu’s six-generation driverless vehicle Apollo RT6 adopts LiDAR from ZVision
Baidu’s six-generation mass-produced driverless vehicle, the Apollo RT6, will be powered by the new-generation blind spot detection LiDAR from Chinese supplier ZVision, the latter disclosed on Novem...
Nov. 23 , 2022
- Pony.ai, Baidu permitted for driverless test with empty front row
Pony.ai, Baidu permitted for driverless test with empty front row
Nov. 22 , 2022
- Baidu granted autonomous driving test permission with empty front row in Beijing
China’s tech giant Baidu was granted the permission to conduct autonomous driving road test with an empty front row in Beijing, the company announced on November 21.
Nov. 22 , 2022
- Baidu Apollo, China Huaneng jointly lead issuance of first smart autonomous mining vehicle standard
Baidu announced the issuance of the group standards of intelligent mine mining vehicle autonomous driving system, which was drafted under the guidance of China ITS Industry Alliance, and led by Baidu ...
Oct. 20 , 2022
- ARCFOX delivers 200 Apollo Moon driverless vehicles to Baidu Apollo
BAIC Group’s premium electric vehicle brand ARCFOX delivered 200 fifth-generation ride-sharing driverless Apollo Moon vehicles to China’s autonomous driving player, Baidu Apollo.
Oct. 10 , 2022
- Baidu Apollo starts fully autonomous test in Shanghai Driverless Demo Zone
Baidu’s autonomous driving mobility service platform, Apollo Go, kicked off driverless test in Shanghai Driverless Demo Zone on September 27.
Sept. 28 , 2022
- Baidu, Geely-backed JIDU to co-launch ROBO-01 limited edition with CLEP
JIDU, the intelligent EV company jointly founded by Baidu and Geely, on Sept. 7 announced the cooperation with China Lunar Exploration Program ("CLEP") to jointly launch a lunar exploration-themed coo...
Sept. 08 , 2022