- China’s Pony.ai announces completion of Series C financing worth $367 million
Pony.ai, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, announced on Feb. 8 it has bagged $100 million for its Series C+ funding, signifying the completion of its Series C round that raises $367 million in tot...
Feb. 08 , 2021
- Pony.ai given green light to have road tests of autonomous trucks in Guangzhou
On Dec. 16, Pony.ai received a permit from Guangzhou authority that allows the startup to test its autonomous trucks on public roads, the company announced via its WeChat account.
Dec. 17 , 2020
- Beijing permits Pony.ai to test autonomous cars carrying passengers
Pony.ai recently announced that it became the first startup approved by Beijing’s authorities to test passenger-carrying autonomous vehicles on open roads.
May 20 , 2020
- Pony.ai Raises $400 Million from Toyota to Accelerate Autonomous Driving Development
Pony.ai, an autonomous driving company, announces today that it has raised $400 million from Toyota Motor Corporation to deepen and expand the two companies’ collaboration in mobility services.
Feb. 26 , 2020
- Pony.ai, GAC Group launches Aion LX’s level 4 self-driving version
Chinese self-driving startup Pony.ai and GAC Group jointly launched a level 4 autonomous vehicles based on the platform that creates the Aion LX, an all-electric SUV model launched by GAC New Energy (...
Sept. 19 , 2019
- Pony.ai collaborates with Toyota for future of autonomous mobility
Pony.ai and Toyota are teaming up on an autonomous driving pilot to accelerate the development and deployment of autonomous vehicles.
Aug. 26 , 2019
- Guangzhou launches autonomous car road test notifications to GAC Group, Pony.ai
Guangzhou’s authorities recently issued a batch of licenses that allow several companies to road test autonomous vehicles, the fourth tier-1 megacity in China giving the green light to unmanned car ...
June 17 , 2019
- Pony.ai completes 214 million worth of A round funding, the biggest for China self-driving startups
Pony.ai, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, announced on July 11 that the company has closed a $102 million worth of funding round as the second stage of its A round financing.
July 11 , 2018
- Pony.ai obtains Beijng T3 license plate for autonomous driving
Pony.ai, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, announced on July 2 that it became the first startup that obtained the license plate for autonomous driving road tests issued by Beijing municipal govern...
July 03 , 2018
- GAC Group, Pony.ai signs strategic cooperation agreement for autonomous driving development
GAC Group today signs a strategic cooperation framework agreement with Pony.ai, an autonomous driving startup co-located in China and U.S., to develop and deploy autonomous driving and other businesse...
Feb. 02 , 2018