- Xpeng Motors announces US$500mn Series C+ financing with Aspex, Coatue, Hillhouse, Sequoia Capital China as investors
Xpeng Motors announced on July 20 the signing of its Series C+ financing of around US$500 million with a group of investors including Aspex, Coatue, Hillhouse and Sequoia Capital China.
July 20 , 2020
- SAIC Motor, China Baowu to team up on hydrogen application, smart supply chain
SAIC Motor signed on July 15 a framework agreement with China Baowu Group to carry out all-round cooperation on such areas as hydrogen utilization, integrated materials for automobiles, smart supply a...
July 16 , 2020
- China’s Evergrande sets up two NEV subsidiaries in early July
Real estate conglomerate China Evergrande Group established on July 10 a Guangdong-based subsidiary whose one of major businesses is the R&D of NEV-related technologies, according to the enterprise in...
July 15 , 2020
- Tesla said to step up cooperation with Chongqing Liangjiang New Area in sales, after-sale services
Tesla attempts to deepen the collaboration with the local government of Chongqing Liangjiang New Area in building sales and maintenance centers, according to people with direct knowledge of the plans ...
July 14 , 2020
- Great Wall Motor to tap NEV charging pile business
Great Wall Motor Company Limited (GWM) intends to tap the business related to new energy vehicle (NEV) charging pile to support its NEV development.
July 14 , 2020
- BYD’s full-sized Han sedan hits market with price starting at 219,800 yuan
BYD’s long-anticipated flagship full-sized sedan, the BYD Han, eventually hit the market on July 12. Priced between 229,800 yuan ($32,820) and 279,500 yuan ($39,918), the BEV version comes with thre...
July 13 , 2020
- China’s homegrown new energy PV wholesales tumble 35% over a year ago
Automakers in China sold roughly 87,000 new energy passenger vehicles (NEPVs) in June, representing a year-on-year plunge of 35%, according to Cui Dongshu, secretary general of the China Passenger Car...
July 10 , 2020
- First NEV model co-developed by GAC Group, Mitsubishi to be mass produced in 2021
GAC Mitsubishi Motors on July 8 celebrated the first spade cut for its new energy vehicle (NEV0 manufacturing base in Changsha, capital of Hunan province, according to Changan municipal government, wh...
July 09 , 2020
- WM Motor Delivers its 30,000th EX5 Smart
WM Motor achieved a new milestone in its development, the delivery of its 30,000th EX5 smart
July 07 , 2020