- CMIF official: Chip shortage likely cost 2 million vehicles in China
Chip shortage could cost China nearly 2 million vehicles out of local automakers’ production plans, Chen Bin, vice chairman of China Machinery Industry Federation (CMIF), stated at a conference toda...
Oct. 15 , 2021
- China’s MIIT endeavors to keep NEV policy supports continuous, steady
China’s MIIT will coordinate the study of policies and measures related to new energy vehicle (NEV) industry, and endeavor to ensure the continuity and stability of the policy supports for each link...
Oct. 15 , 2021
- SGMW launches mini-sized battery swapping station, unveils Wuling-branded chip
SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW), General Motors' joint venture with partners SAIC Motor and Guangxi Automobile Group, launched its in-house developed smart mini battery swapping station on Sept. 15 at the 2021 ...
Sept. 16 , 2021
- China resolves to improve capability of auto chip supply
China will make greater efforts to strengthen the coordination and precise connection of supply chain to comprehensively improve the supply capability of automotive chips, said Tian Yulong, Spokesman ...
Sept. 13 , 2021
- China’s MIIT issues policies to ease automaker’s pressure amidst chip shortage
China’s MIIT released on Sept. 3 several temporary measures to facilitate companies’ application for changing registered information of vehicle models and replace auto parts suppliers.
Sept. 03 , 2021
- Horizon Robotics to co-develop smart driving solutions with self-driving startup Nullmax
Chinese AI chip developer Horizon Robotics and Shanghai-headquartered autonomous driving startup Nullmax entered into a strategic partnership on August 6 to co-develop the solutions for intelligent dr...
Aug. 09 , 2021
- Horizon Robotics launches Journey 5 chip for smart driving
Beijing-based AI solution provider Horizon Robotics launched on July 29 its new-generation smart driving chip “Journey 5”.
July 29 , 2021
- Chinese chip startup SemiDrive closes 1 billion yuan Series B round
Chinese automotive SoC (system-on-chip) developer SemiDrive raised nearly 1 billion yuan ($154.238 million) in a Series B funding round, which was co-led by CDB Equipment Manufacturing Industrial Inve...
July 26 , 2021