- Ford to launch pre-commercial C-V2X functions in first-half 2020
Ford Motor Company announced on September 6 the plan to launch several pre-commercial C-V2X (cellular vehicle-to-everything)-based functions in China in the first half of 2020.
Sept. 06 , 2019
- China’s first-of-its-kind L4 production autonomous car given green light for road test
The Hongqi EV, which is purportedly China’s first-of-its-kind L4 mass-produced autonomous vehicle, has been given go-ahead to be tested on road in Beijing , according to an official press release.
Sept. 05 , 2019
- Horizon Robotics announces mass production of China’s first auto-grade AI chip
China’s first-of-its-kind automotive-grade AI chip “Journey 2” has been put into mass production, Beijing-based AI chip maker Horizon Robotics announced at the 2019 World Artificial Intelligence...
Aug. 30 , 2019
- DiDi Showcases Robo-Taxi Hailing, Plans to Launch Pilot Service for Public in Shanghai, China
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”), the world’s leading mobile transportation platform, announced that as DiDi accelerates its robo-taxi project, passengers will be able to hail self-driving vehicles from it...
Aug. 30 , 2019
- SAIC, Alibaba step up cooperation for next-generation ICV
Chinese biggest automaker SAIC Motor and the Internet giant Alibaba deepened their strategic cooperation on August 28 for the next generation intelligent-connected vehicle (ICV).
Aug. 29 , 2019
- Baidu to road test Apollo robotaxi in Chongqing
Chinese Internet giant Baidu announced a strategic partnership with the Chongqing municipal government at the 2019 Smart China Expo to team up on autonomous driving.
Aug. 28 , 2019
- Great Wall Motors joins world’s first partnership about pure solid-state LiDAR mass production
On August 27, China’s biggest SUV maker Great Wall Motors inked an agreement with LiangDao Intelligence and Ibeo Automotive Systems GmbH (Ibeo Automotive) for a strategic cooperation to promote auto...
Aug. 27 , 2019
- Pony.ai collaborates with Toyota for future of autonomous mobility
Pony.ai and Toyota are teaming up on an autonomous driving pilot to accelerate the development and deployment of autonomous vehicles.
Aug. 26 , 2019
- WeRide launches Guangzhou’s first robotaxi company with Baiyun Taxi, SCI Group
WeRide, a China-based Level 4 autonomous driving startup, has partnered with Guangzhou Baiyun Taxi Group Co.,Ltd and Science City (Guangzhou) Investment Group Co., Ltd (SCI Group) to set up a joint ve...
Aug. 08 , 2019