- Top stories of SAIC Motor in 2020
We hereby selected some noteworthy stories for you reviewing SAIC’s experience last year.
Feb. 17 , 2021
- SAIC Motor aims to sell 10 million vehicles per year for 2021-2025 period
SAIC Motor is ambitious to sell roughly 10 million new vehicles per year during the 14th five-year plan period (2021—2025), said the automaker.
Jan. 29 , 2021
- SAIC Motor’s 2020 net profit likely to dip 21.89% YoY
SAIC Motor said its annual net profit attributable to shareholders in 2020 is anticipated to slump 21.89% year on year to roughly 20 billion yuan ($3.085 billion).
Jan. 11 , 2021
- SAIC Motor’s auto sales drop 10.22% in 2020
SAIC Motor announced its full-year sales dipped 10.22% from a year ago to 5,600,482 units last year. Despite the decrease, the company was honored the No.1 Chinese automaker by annual sales for the fi...
Jan. 07 , 2021
- SAIC Motor announces registration of premium EV-focused Zhiji Motor
Zhiji Motor Technology Co.,Ltd., a joint venture among SAIC Motor, Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Development Co.,Ltd. (Zhangjiang Hi-Tech) and Alibaba Group, was formally registered on Dec. 25 in Pudong...
Dec. 26 , 2020
- SAIC Motor scores YoY sales growth for six straight months
SAIC Motor recorded a 10.65% year-on-year increase last month with 643,928 new vehicles sold. As of Nov., the China’s biggest automakers had posted growth for six consecutive months.
Dec. 04 , 2020
- SAIC Motor announces launch of premium BEV brand “Zhiji Motor”
SAIC Motor and the government of Pudong New Area formed a strategic cooperation on Nov. 26 for the joint development of Zhiji Motor, a fire new premium intelligent all-electric vehicle brand, the auto...
Nov. 26 , 2020
- SAIC Motor, GWM’s fuel cell tech developers forge partnership
SHPT and Weishi Energy Technology Co.,Ltd. (Weishi), the fuel cell-related product and technology developers under SAIC Motor and GWM, signed on November 11a frame agreement for the strategic cooperat...
Nov. 12 , 2020
- SAIC Motor, Alibaba to team up on new retail business
SAIC Motor and the e-commerce giant Alibaba Group entered into a cooperation agreement on November 8 to jointly boost the digital transition for automotive retail business, the automaker announced via...
Nov. 10 , 2020