- Baidu, Pony.ai greenlighted driverless road test in Beijing
Today, autonomous driving developers Baidu and Pony.ai were granted the first batch of road test permits in the newly opened autonomous driving testing zone, in Beijing's intelligent connected vehicle...
Oct. 15 , 2021
- Xiaomi, Baidu invest in China’s autonomous driving developer G-PAL
Xiaomi-backed venture capital firm and Baidu associated investment company were recently listed as shareholders to China’s autonomous driving developer, Geometrical Perception and Learning Co., Ltd....
Oct. 08 , 2021
- Baidu-backed DeepWay unveils smart heavy truck
Baidu-backed truck manufacturer, DeepWay unveiled Xingtu, a new energy heavy-duty truck, today. Xingtu’s debut signifies tech giant Baidu’s accession to the multi-trillion-dollar freight market.
Sept. 18 , 2021
- Former manager of Microsoft Research Asia said to lead Baidu auto team
The senior principal research manager of Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) and scholar in the computer vision and deep learning field, Wang Jingdong, has left MSRA and joined Baidu.
Sept. 15 , 2021
- Baidu’s third Apollo Park launched in Shanghai
On July 28, Chinese Internet giant Baidu put into operation its third Apollo Park, an industrial complex designed to inject impetus to Baidu’s efforts to commercialize its smart transportation techn...
July 28 , 2021
- Baidu’s Apollo opens Robotaxi service in Guangzhou
On July 17, Baidu officially opened its Apollo Go Robotaxi service to the public in Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province, marking another milestone in Baidu’s development of autonomous drivi...
July 19 , 2021
- Baidu to expand Robotaxi ride-hailing service to 30 cities within 2-3 years
The company is also rapidly developing its brand-new intelligent vehicle, which is expected to be more like a robot and offer user experience within 2-3 years.
July 08 , 2021