- BYD’s NEV sales plunge 58.34% in first half of 2020
BYD Company Limited announced a sales volume in June of 33,725 units, which were 12.93% less than that of the year-ago period, while represented a month-on-month growth of 5.98%.
July 08 , 2020
- BYD Semiconductor to raise 800 million yuan from 30 investors
BYD Company Limited (BYD) announced on June 15 its subsidiary BYD Semiconductor Co.,Ltd. has introduced another 30 strategic investors, which will give it significant impetus to the process of becomin...
June 16 , 2020
- Huawei said to provide BYD with Kirin chipset
Huawei has reportedly formed cooperation with Chinese automaker BYD to offer the latter the Kirin 710A chipset developed by its wholly-owned subsidiary HiSilicon, according to the local tech media 36K...
June 16 , 2020
- BYD posts smaller YoY decrease in May sales
Shenzhen-based automaker BYD said it sold 31,821 new vehicles in May, which slid 6.19% year on year, versus the 15.94% decrease in April sales. Its year-to-date auto sales still plunged 34.03% from a ...
June 08 , 2020
- BYD’s new Tang EV said to be fitted with blade battery
BYD’s all-new Tang EV is likely to carry the “blade battery”, a new type of new lithium iron phosphate battery (LFP battery) developed by BYD to largely increase the energy density of battery pa...
June 05 , 2020
- BYD Semiconductor raises 1.9 billion yuan from 14 investors
BYD announced on May 26 the introduction of strategic investors of BYD Semiconductor, a subsidiary of BYD, another significant progress in seeking for an independent listing after the semiconductor un...
May 27 , 2020
- Presale prices of BYD Han sedan starts at 230,000 yuan
The BYD Han, an all-new flagship sedan to BYD's “Dynasty” series, is currently available for presale with prices ranging from 230,000 yuan ($32,364) to 280,000 yuan ($39,400).
May 20 , 2020
- NFC-powered vehicles expected to take up 95% of BYD’s shipments in 2021
The NFC-powered vehicles accounted for over 80% of BYD’s full-year shipments in 2019, and the percentage is expected to top 95% in 2021.
May 13 , 2020
- BYD gains double-digit growth in April oil-fueled vehicle sales, but NEV sales still slump
For the month of April, BYD posted a 15.94% decrease from the prior-year period, while boasted a month-on-month growth of 3.95% as the market has continually take a favorable turn with the coronavirus...
May 07 , 2020