- First NEV model co-developed by GAC Group, Mitsubishi to be mass produced in 2021
GAC Mitsubishi Motors on July 8 celebrated the first spade cut for its new energy vehicle (NEV0 manufacturing base in Changsha, capital of Hunan province, according to Changan municipal government, wh...
July 09 , 2020
- BYD’s NEV sales plunge 58.34% in first half of 2020
BYD Company Limited announced a sales volume in June of 33,725 units, which were 12.93% less than that of the year-ago period, while represented a month-on-month growth of 5.98%.
July 08 , 2020
- FAW-Toyota starts construction of new NEV base in Tianjin
FAW-Toyota celebrated on June 29 the first spade cut for its new energy vehicle (NEV) manufacturing base in Binhai New Area, Tianjin, marking the beginning of the Sino-Japanese joint venture’s trans...
June 30 , 2020
- Dongfeng, Changan, FAW co-unveil NEV & ICV-focused joint venture
Zhongqi Chuangzhi Technology Co.,Ltd. (called “Zhongqing Chuangzhi” for short), a joint venture co-funded by three state-owned automakers—Dongfeng, FAW and Changan, was officially launched on Ju...
June 30 , 2020
- China’s NEV credit ratios from 2021 to 2023 required to be 14%, 16%, 18%
Chinese policy makers officially announced on June 22 that the credit ratios of new energy vehicles (NEVs) are respectively required to be 10%, 12%, 14%, 16% and 18% for the year of 2019 to 2023.
June 22 , 2020
- Dongfeng Motor, CATL cement cooperation for better NEV development
Dongfeng Motor Corporation and CATL agreed to step up their strategic collaboration on NEV development, which is expected to help promote the building and perfection of China’s NEV industrial ecosys...
June 17 , 2020
- Shenzhen offers NEV buyers subsidies of up to 40,000 yuan per car
Shenzhen, a coastal city in the south of Guangdong Province, will offer up to 40,000 yuan ($5,644) per car of subsidies to consumers who buy new energy vehicles (NEVs) as part of efforts to stimulate ...
June 15 , 2020
- Beijing to add 20,000 NEV license plates for car-free families
Beijing plans to increase 20,000 NEV (new energy vehicle) license plates at one go in the second half of 2020, which will be all allocated to car-free families, according to a draft regulation release...
June 01 , 2020
- Shaanxi to subsidize NEV shopping for car-free families
Shaanxi joins a string of Chinese local governments that roll out incentives to provide a lift on automobile sales.
May 29 , 2020