- BYD loggs 2.4% YoY increase in Aug. sales, but NEV sales still fall 8.59%
In August, BYD sustained an upward momentum with its vehicle sales climbing 2.4% year on year to 36,872 units, according to an announcement BYD Company Limited released on September 7.
Sept. 08 , 2020
- GAC Toyota starts building new NEV facility as part of NEV business expansion
GAC Toyota celebrated on August 29 the first spade cut for a new NEV manufacturing facility, the second phase under a project design to expand the joint venture’s NEV capacity.
Aug. 31 , 2020
- NIO sustains championship among China’s NEV startups by July insurance volume
In July, automakers in China bought the Mandatory Liability Insurance for Traffic Accidents of Motor Vehicles (MLI) for roughly 90,403 new energy vehicles (NEVs), representing a robust surge of 166.53...
Aug. 31 , 2020
- Evergrande Auto’s NEV business earns 53 million yuan of first-half revenue
Evergrande Auto said its first-half revenue gained from new energy vehicle (NEV) business amounted to 53 million yuan ($7,705,840), plunging 81.34% from a year earlier.
Aug. 28 , 2020
- Evergrande Health officially changes company name as focus switches to NEV business
Evergrande Health, the Hong Kong-listed electric car arm of Chinese real estate titan Evergrande Group, has officially changed its name to China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited from Evergr...
Aug. 27 , 2020
- China’s NEV industry opening wider arms to battery swapping model
On August 20, Chinese EV startup NIO launched the Battery as a Service (the “BaaS”) subscription model, which allows users to purchase electric vehicles and subscribe the usage of battery packs se...
Aug. 26 , 2020
- China’s NEV sales see first yearly growth thanks to combined efforts of government, automakers
China’ NEV outputs and sales reached 100,000 units and 98,000 units in July, jumping 15.6% and 19.3% year on year after 12 consecutive months of downturn, according to the China Association of Autom...
Aug. 25 , 2020
- Geely-backed NEV brand Maple to launch new MPV model carrying swappable battery
Maple, a NEV brand backed by Geely Technology Group, has named a yet-to-be-launched MPV model “Maple 80V”, which is set to serve both business and private users, according to a local media outlet.
Aug. 12 , 2020
- Chery Holding says domestic, export, NEV businesses all gain sales growth in July
Chery Holding obtained a year-on-year sales increase of 14.2% in July by selling 55,922 new vehicles. Notably, its domestic, export and NEV businesses all posted rising performance with their growth s...
Aug. 05 , 2020