- Foxconn, Byton join hands to boost mass production of M-Byte
Foxconn Technology Group is in talks with Byton to invest in the embattled Chinese electric vehicle (EV) startup, intending to come to a deal through which the Apple supplier can make inroads into car...
Jan. 04 , 2021
- Byton said to restart operation
Its board of directors and board of shareholders have approved the company’s restructuring plan.
Oct. 14 , 2020
- Startup Byton registers new company dubbed “Shengteng” after suspending China operations
Stalled Chinese electric vehicle startup Byton registered on September 9 a new firm dubbed “Nanjing Shengteng Automobile Technology Co.,Ltd.” (called “Shengteng” for short), according to Chine...
Sept. 11 , 2020
- Startup BYTON said to register new tech company after suspending China operations
Chinese EV startup BYTON has applied for the registration of a new technology company dubbed “Shengteng”, which is likely to snag an operating license at the end of August, according to a local me...
Aug. 25 , 2020
- EV startups Xpeng Motors, Byton jointly invest in NEV R&D company
Xpeng Motors and Byton have jointly invested in a Nanjing-registered NEV R&D company, a significant cooperation formed between two Chinese EV startups.
Mar. 18 , 2020
- BYTON and Marubeni Corporation Strike a Strategic Partnership with further progress in Series C Financing
Today, BYTON and Marubeni Corporation announced a strategic partnership. Marubeni will become a partner in BYTON’s Series C financing.
Jan. 06 , 2020
- BYTON M-Byte SUV’s first pre-production prototype rolls off production line
Chinese EV startup BYTON saw its first pre-production prototype of the M-Byte SUV roll off the production line at its Nanjing plant on October 23, according to a posting on the social media platform o...
Oct. 24 , 2019
- BYTON soon to close C-round fundraising
BYTON, the premium brand for smart electric vehicles, unveiled its first vehicle, the BYTON M-Byte SUV, at the IAA Frankfurt.
Sept. 11 , 2019
- BYTON names former Ford’s executive as vice president of project management
On June 18, EV startup BYTON announced that Andy Ball was appointed as the company’s vice president of project management, taking charging of the product development and assisting the startup with p...
June 18 , 2019