- Honda inks MoU with Tencent to introduce TAI 3.0 IoV solution into cars
Honda’s China business branch recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Chinese Internet giant Tencent to jointly explore the application of the latter’s IoV (Internet of Vehicles) ...
May 18 , 2020
- Tencent releases TAI3.0 IoV ecosystem
China’s Internet giant Tencent showcased its TAI3.0 Internet of Vehicles (IoV) ecosystem at the 2020 CES (Consumer Electronics Show), including two in-vehicle applications for smart mobility and mus...
Jan. 14 , 2020
- Tencent said to be approached by OEMs for promoting in-car WeChat
Several mainstream OEMs are in talks with Tencent to introduce WeChat app into their vehicles, according to a local media outlet, citing people from Tencent’s smart mobility unit.
Dec. 18 , 2019
- Dongfeng Motor co-builds 5G IoV labs with Tencent, China Mobile
A IoV (Internet of Vehicle) security lab and a 5G-based IoV lab Dongfeng Motor jointly built with Tencent and China Mobile were unveiled on September 23, a substantial step for the automaker towards a...
Sept. 25 , 2019
- NIO to issue $200 million worth of convertible notes to its chairman, Tencent
Chinese EV startup NIO announced on September 5 it would issue and sell convertible notes in an aggregate principal amount of US$200 million to the investors through a private placement.
Sept. 05 , 2019
- Tencent, BMW to co-build computing center for developing autonomous cars
BMW and Tencent Holdings on July 18 said they has forged partnership to set up a computing center in China that help the automaker develop autonomous cars in the world largest auto market, according t...
July 19 , 2019
- Dongfeng Motor, Tencent join hands to deepen deployment in smart mobility service, ICV
Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Shenzhen Tencent Computer Systems Co.,Ltd (Tencent Computer) on June 28 forged a strategic partnership to jointly build a new ecosystem of “automobile industry Interne...
June 28 , 2019
- Geely-backed ECARX teams up with Tencent on connectivity service, AI, cloud tech
ECARX Technology (ECARX), a connectivity company invested by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, on June 25 signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Tencent Auto Intelligence (TAI), an automobile AI ar...
June 25 , 2019
- Tencent’s in-car WeChat likely to be landed in 2019
Chinese Internet giant Tencent has integrated the extremely popular WeChat service into its IoV (Internet of Vehicles) ecosystem and is likely to put the service into practical use in this year, vice ...
May 23 , 2019
- GAC Group, Tencent to co-launch intelligent connectivity, mobility service program in June
An intelligent connectivity and mobility service program jointly funded by GAC Group, Tencent, Guangzhou Public Transport and other investors will be officially launched in June this year, GAC Group r...
Apr. 02 , 2019