- GAC Toyota’s NEV capacity expansion project 1st phase begins operation
GAC Toyota announced on July 25 the first phase of its new energy vehicle (NEV) capacity expansion project has started operation in Nansha District, Guangzhou.
July 26 , 2021
- GAC Toyota starts building new NEV facility as part of NEV business expansion
GAC Toyota celebrated on August 29 the first spade cut for a new NEV manufacturing facility, the second phase under a project design to expand the joint venture’s NEV capacity.
Aug. 31 , 2020
- GAC Honda, GAC Toyota boast two-digit growth in June wholesales
GAC Group said its sales in June only edged down 1.26% from a year earlier to 186,587 units, while jumped 12.66% compared to May.
July 10 , 2020
- GAC Group gains growth in May thanks to GAC Toyota’s sales hike
GAC Group’s auto sales stood at 165,622 units in May, rising 4.07% compared with the same period last year, said the automaker.
June 10 , 2020
- GAC Toyota sees 2019 sales rise 18% YoY
GAC Toyota announced a year-on-year sales growth of 18% to 682,008 units in China through 2019.
Jan. 09 , 2020
- GAC Toyota said to ramp up annual capacity by 400,000 NEVs
GAC Toyota, a joint venture of Japan’s Toyota Motor and China’s GAC Group, will beef up production by 400,000 NEVs a year, added with RMB15 billion worth of capital from both parent companies, acc...
Dec. 23 , 2019
- GAC Toyota likely to start FCV pilot operation using Toyota’s Mirai
GAC Toyota plans to kick off the trial operation of Toyota’s “most advanced” hydrogen-powered vehicle at the end of 2019, according to Zeng Qinghong, chairman of GAC Group.
Nov. 05 , 2019
- GAC Toyota to make all-electric C-HR with annual production of 44,000 units
GAC Toyota's 711B, having the same size as the current C-HR, is very likely to be the battery electric C-HR.
Oct. 18 , 2019
- GAC Toyota to increase capacity by 400,000 NEVs per year with RMB11.329 billion investment
GAC Toyota, one of Toyota’s major joint ventures in China, is ready to plow RMB 11.329 billion (around $1.644 billion) into a program for new energy vehicle (NEV) capacity expansion, according to an...
May 07 , 2019