- Baidu-Geely EV venture starts developing intelligent driving with Baidu Apollo
The software team of JiDU Auto has been cooperating with Baidu's Apollo team to develop smart cockpit and intelligent driving solutions based on the SIMU Car (simulated sample vehicle), Xia Yiping, CE...
Sept. 24 , 2021
- Baidu-backed DeepWay unveils smart heavy truck
Baidu-backed truck manufacturer, DeepWay unveiled Xingtu, a new energy heavy-duty truck, today. Xingtu’s debut signifies tech giant Baidu’s accession to the multi-trillion-dollar freight market.
Sept. 18 , 2021
- Former manager of Microsoft Research Asia said to lead Baidu auto team
The senior principal research manager of Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) and scholar in the computer vision and deep learning field, Wang Jingdong, has left MSRA and joined Baidu.
Sept. 15 , 2021
- Baidu’s Apollo Go service now operates in Shanghai
Baidu announced its public testing of its Apollo Go in Shanghai today, making Shanghai the fifth city available with its autonomous taxi service and becoming the only company which offers robotaxi ser...
Sept. 13 , 2021
- Baidu-backed JiDU Auto, Hesai Technology join hands to build smart driving system
on August 25, JiDU Auto, a smart electric vehicle venture between Baidu and Geely, signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Hesai to co-develop safer and more efficient intelligent driving system...
Aug. 25 , 2021
- Baidu unveils first robocar
The robocar has no steering wheel as the tech giant envisions that future vehicles will be more like robots.
Aug. 18 , 2021
- Baidu Apollo L4 autonomous cars accumulate over 12 million-km road tests by H1 2021
Baidu’s Apollo Level 4 autonomous driving cars have driven for over 7.5 million miles (around 12 million kilometers) in road tests by June 2021, which were 152% more than the mileages achieved by th...
Aug. 13 , 2021
- Gasgoo Daily: Baidu-Geely EV venture cooperates with Continental
With Gasgoo Daily, we will offer several pieces of automotive news in China. For those we have reported, the title of the piece will include a hyperlink, which will provide detailed information.
Aug. 06 , 2021
- Baidu’s third Apollo Park launched in Shanghai
On July 28, Chinese Internet giant Baidu put into operation its third Apollo Park, an industrial complex designed to inject impetus to Baidu’s efforts to commercialize its smart transportation techn...
July 28 , 2021