- Baidu Apollo granted 199 autonomous driving licenses in China by 2020
Baidu had received 199 autonomous driving licenses in China by the end of December 2020, the Internet giant noted in its financial results for the fourth quarter of 2020.
Feb. 18 , 2021
- Baidu Apollo given green light to carry out road test of autonomous cars in Nanjing
Baidu Apollo received five Level 4 autonomous driving testing licenses from Nanjing municipal government on Dec. 21, the first batch ever issued by the city.
Dec. 22 , 2020
- Baidu fully opens Apollo Go Robotaxi service in Beijing
Baidu announced on October 11 that it has fully opened its Apollo Go Robotaxi service to ordinary users in Beijing.
Oct. 12 , 2020
- Baidu Apollo debuts first L4 autonomous bus in Chongqing
On September 17, Robus, a medium-sized autonomous bus jointly developed by Baidu Apollo and domestic bus manufacturer King Long made its world’s debut in Chongqing.
Sept. 18 , 2020
- Baidu Apollo receives China’s first permit for testing ICVs without safety driver
Chinese Robotaxi operator Hunan Apollo Intelligent Transportation (Hunan Apollo) was permitted on Sept. 15 by Changsha regulators to test intelligent connected vehicles (ICVs) without any safety offic...
Sept. 16 , 2020
- Baidu’s “Apollo Go” Robotaxi service taps Beijing
Residents in Beijing now can experience the Robotaxi service “Apollo Go” after making an appointment via Baidu Maps, a desktop and mobile web mapping service application provided by Baidu, and the...
Sept. 11 , 2020
- Baidu launches Robotaxi service “Apollo Go” for general public in Cangzhou
Chinese Internet giant Baidu launched the full operation of its Robotaxi service “Apollo Go” in Cangzhou, Hebei province.
Aug. 21 , 2020
- Baidu Apollo Robotaxi deployed in Changsha offers “considerate” riding experience
Gasgoo experienced on August 6 the Baidu Apollo Robotaxi service which has already been completely open to Changsha residents.
Aug. 12 , 2020
- Baidu Apollo expands friendship circle for smart transportation business
Apollo, Baidu’s open-source software platform for autonomous car development, struck a pact with Guangzhou Development District to build a pilot zone for ICV (intelligent-connected vehicle) developm...
May 09 , 2020