- Tencent’s in-car WeChat to be introduced into BMW’s vehicles
German automaker BMW and Chinese Internet giant Tencent announced on July 27 that they have formed a new digital cooperation to introduce the “Tencent mini scenario” and the in-car WeChat applicat...
July 28 , 2020
- Honda inks MoU with Tencent to introduce TAI 3.0 IoV solution into cars
Honda’s China business branch recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Chinese Internet giant Tencent to jointly explore the application of the latter’s IoV (Internet of Vehicles) ...
May 18 , 2020
- Tencent releases TAI3.0 IoV ecosystem
China’s Internet giant Tencent showcased its TAI3.0 Internet of Vehicles (IoV) ecosystem at the 2020 CES (Consumer Electronics Show), including two in-vehicle applications for smart mobility and mus...
Jan. 14 , 2020
- Tencent said to be approached by OEMs for promoting in-car WeChat
Several mainstream OEMs are in talks with Tencent to introduce WeChat app into their vehicles, according to a local media outlet, citing people from Tencent’s smart mobility unit.
Dec. 18 , 2019
- Dongfeng Motor co-builds 5G IoV labs with Tencent, China Mobile
A IoV (Internet of Vehicle) security lab and a 5G-based IoV lab Dongfeng Motor jointly built with Tencent and China Mobile were unveiled on September 23, a substantial step for the automaker towards a...
Sept. 25 , 2019
- NIO to issue $200 million worth of convertible notes to its chairman, Tencent
Chinese EV startup NIO announced on September 5 it would issue and sell convertible notes in an aggregate principal amount of US$200 million to the investors through a private placement.
Sept. 05 , 2019
- Tencent, BMW to co-build computing center for developing autonomous cars
BMW and Tencent Holdings on July 18 said they has forged partnership to set up a computing center in China that help the automaker develop autonomous cars in the world largest auto market, according t...
July 19 , 2019
- Dongfeng Motor, Tencent join hands to deepen deployment in smart mobility service, ICV
Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Shenzhen Tencent Computer Systems Co.,Ltd (Tencent Computer) on June 28 forged a strategic partnership to jointly build a new ecosystem of “automobile industry Interne...
June 28 , 2019
- Geely-backed ECARX teams up with Tencent on connectivity service, AI, cloud tech
ECARX Technology (ECARX), a connectivity company invested by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, on June 25 signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Tencent Auto Intelligence (TAI), an automobile AI ar...
June 25 , 2019